Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 7, 2008

36 week Update on Baby S

So, I received a random call yesterday from a friend that is helping me work on a project next week. She was asking how baby was doing and if I knew the weight of the Baby. I told her that I had not had an ultrasound since 21 weeks, so I had no clue! Forgetting she was an Ultrasound Tech, she said, "Well, come on in! I'll do one for you!" :0)
So, yesterday at 2:30pm, I went to see my friend and got to see video of Baby S! No longer was he/she slippin' and slidin' around as in the 21 week ultrasound due to the cramped, limited space! However, it was incredible to once again view the feet (which actually look like feet now!), the arms, the legs, the kidneys, the 4 chamber heart, and all other areas...minus the one "special" area giving away the sex of our little one! (Daddy warned me I better not even "mistakenly" find out !)

Here is what we found out: Baby S is looking extremely healthy! She said the heart and all 4 chambers were very, very good! There is still some amionic fluid for baby to swim in and he/she is definitely head down! Our doc confirmed that the other day too and said the baby was very, very low! My friend was only able to see a glimpse of the face once due to it being so low! Based on the head size and the abdomen size, baby is showing to be 38 weeks along (not 36) and was ~7 lbs 11 oz in one of the estimates! This could be more or less based on the position and time you do the ultrasound, though, but she confirmed that the baby looks quite healthy! She even said that Baby S has chubby little cheeks! YEA! We love chubby cheeked babies! Good thing there are no aunts around to pinch them constantly or the little one would probably have quite the welt marks! I can guarantee that mommy and daddy will do their fair share of kissin' on the little, chubby things, though!

Here is a picture that she gave us! It is showing the foot kicking up at of my stomach!

Baby S is eager to meet all of you! Please be in prayer that he/she will come all in the Lord's timing and not a minute sooner or later. We do not want our own selfish plans and agendas to get in the way of God's divinely appointed day!

No comments: